Monday, November 10, 2008

My New (And First) Graphic Tablet

I just got my new graphic tablet. I'm a bit embarrassed to say, but it's also my first graphic tablet (and I've been using digital art tools for several years now). I decided to buy one a couple of months ago, when I realized that this tool is a must for any serious artist. After talking to some friends in various art forums and reading some review sites, I decided to go with the Wacom Bamboo Fun - it's professional enough to give professional looking artistic results, yet simple enough to make it affordable. The medium sized one cost me just below 200$ in Amazon (October 2008 prices).

After a quick installation, and a half hour basic tutorial, I went for my first challenge - draw my first artwork using the Bamboo. I decided to draw Dan, the main character in my comic series
"My 25 Percent"
. It took me around 5 shots to get it right (around 45 minutes), but finally I got a nice black-and-white sketch of Dan, all with the Bamboo. I'll continue experimenting with it, and hopefully soon I'll publish a comic strip that will be done entirely with the Bamboo... I can hardly wait!

0 comments:

About This Blog

A great blog about everything and nothing, Blogus Magnus host articles about my various areas of interest, including: humor, history, politics, current affairs, software, programming, computer games, literature, art, comics, and much more.

  © Blogger template 'Ultimatum' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP